BHIM App Launched For e-payments, Everything You Want To Know About The App
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched the Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app at the Digi Dhan mela in the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi and stressed on the importance of technology and digital transactions. The BHIM app is a straightforward UPI app, which would allow anyone to make simple digital payments directly from their bank account, and it is now available for download.
BHIM is a UPI based payment solution which helps people to send or receive money digitally unlike a wallet where you have to first load the money before you can use it. Users don’t need to enter lengthy details like bank account number etc.
PM Modi said that for this platform, one wouldn’t need a mobile phone or Internet connectivity, but only the thumbprint. He said that there was a time when people used to address an unschooled person as “angoothachaap”, but now that thumbprint can act as a person’s bank, his identity, and even run the business.
BHIM app is presently now available on Android(Version 4.1.1 and above) and will come to iPhone ‘soon’.
After you download the BHIM app, you’ll have to register your bank account through the app, and set a UPI PIN. Your mobile number is your payment address, and you can start transacting. Through the app, users can check the bank balance and transaction details, send or receive money to a phone number, scan a QR code to make a payment without sharing a phone number.
The banks that support BHIM on their system are Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India and Vijaya Bank.
How to Download and Use BHIM App
- Go to play store using this link.
- Click on Install and wait for download to complete.
- Once installed open the app and select the prefered language among english and hindi.
- Click on NEXT.
- If it asks for permissions, click allow.
- Tap on “let’s get started”.
- Now verify your mobile number.
- Make sure that mobile number to get verified is in your phone. Also note same number should be registered with your bank.
- Select the sim card in case you have a dual sim mobile and click on next.
- Your mobile number will be automatically verified or enter a 4 digit pass-code and click confirm.
- Select your bank you want to use with the app from the list of bank accounts registered with the number and bank you selected.
There is a maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction permitted, and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.