UIDAI’s Aadhaar Payment App Launched
Government of India launched much awaited app which will use AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System) aadhaar payment app on 25 december 2016. The new app will eradicate the need for payment machines for cashless transactions where all a merchant would need is an Android smartphone to run a cashless business.
The new app will be launched on 25 December keeping in mind a faster adoption of a cashless society and to eradicate fee payments charged by card companies, making it an affordable digital payment solution for merchants in rural areas.
Using this app merchants can start accepting payments using just aadhaar number of the customers. The amount will be debited from the customer’s aadhaar linked bank account and credited to merchant’s aadhaar linked bank account.
The app has been developed by IDFC Bank along with UIDAI and National Payments Corporation of India.
How to use Aadhaar Payment App
- Download the App.
- If you are a merchant, login with your aadhaar number.
- Validate the aadhaar using your fingerprint.
- Now to accept payment from a customer, click on Aadhaar Pay.
- Enter customer’s Aadhaar number.
- Enter Customer’s bank name and amount to be paid.
- Select ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Validate the transaction using customer’s fingerprint.
- After successful authorisation, the amount will be transferred from customer’s bank account to merchant’s bank account.